What is My Nurse?
"My Nurse" is a free health information service for the public, sponsored by UnityPoint Health and staffed by registered nurses 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call toll free: 1-877-242-8899
"My Nurse" nurses answer your health questions, help you find a doctor, and register you for classes and health programs.
Visit their website at www.mynurse.info. Services
If you call to ask about how to treat a health concern, our nurses will thoroughly analyze your symptoms and offer guidance on whether you should treat the problem at home, see your physician or even get immediate emergency treatment.
Our health information has been carefully reviewed and approved for accuracy by a national and local panel of physicians.
Printed Resource Material
When you call My Nurse about a health concern, our nurses can mail additional information to you as an added courtesy to further educate you on a health topic. Our comprehensive data bank features up-to-date health information on more than 1,200 health information topics.
If you need a doctor, we'll help you find one. Our nurses can refer you to physicians affiliated with UnityPoint Health based upon your specific needs and community location. We have the names and backgrounds of nearly 800 physicians from Iowa's major cities.
Class Registration 24-hours a day
Call us to sign up for health seminars, child-birth classes and activities, screenings, senior trips and other special interest programs offered by Iowa Methodist, Iowa Lutheran and Blank Children's Hospital. With our 24-hour service, you can phone in a class registration any time day or night. In many cases, My Nurse will mail you a confirmation letter that reminds you of the event you want to attend.
When to Call My Nurse
- If you're wondering if you should call your physician about a health issue
- If you are a parent with a sick child
- If you're wondering if you should seek emergency care for an illness or injury
- If you're looking for a physician
- If you just moved into your community and need healthcare direction
- If you are the caregiver for children or others
- If you have health concerns
- If you are a discharged patient with questions as you recover at home